Recently we were invited to cook at Linne Calodo winery in Paso Robles. While we don't normally do catering, the opportunity to cook at Matt and Maureen Trevisan's home above the winery, for small group of friends and supporters, was an offer too good to pass up. I met Matt, the owner and winemaker, last year while tasting at a few wineries in Paso Robles. Post Ranch has long supported Linne Calodo, so I knew the wines would be fantastic, but I was also very impressed with Matt's philosophy on business and making wine. In many ways his philosophy towards wine is very similar to how I think about food, and we spent several hours touring his property and tasting from barrels and library vintages. We created a simple menu based on products from local farms and producers all prepared in an outdoor wood-fired pizza oven. I couldn't have pulled it off without my wonderful team: Sterling, Maya and Ramon.
- Wood Fired Flat Breads featuring Central Coast Creamery and Jacks Creek Farm
- Wild Foraged Leaves and Flowers with Local Stone Fruits (served family-style)
- Local Red Abalone with Heirloom Tomatoes, Brown Butter, Basil and Balsamic
- Smoked Bacon wrapped Berkshire Pork Tenderloin with Summer Shelling Beans, Sweet Corn and Hay Roasted Cippolini Onions
- A Tasting of Local Cheeses
- Wood Fired White Nectarines with Local Honey - Sheeps Milk Ice Cream and Anise Hyssop
Post a Comment